Sign up today!
Log in to Connected Banking.
Click on 'Pay Bills' and follow the steps to enroll.
Our service gives you the ability to pay anyone online, from the phone company to your paperboy.
• Access with a single login within Online and Mobile Banking
• The account will be debited the same day the payment is processed
• Payments can be sent as soon as the next day for FREE and even the same day for a small fee
• E-Bills – the ability to receive bills electronically from certain vendors and view bills automatically within Bill Pay
Send and receive money with Zelle®
We have partnered with Zelle® to bring you a fast and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family, and people you know. With Zelle®, you can send money directly from your account to enrolled recipients in minutes, all from the convenience of online banking or our mobile app.
Easily start today using just your email address or U.S. mobile number:
Enroll or log in to Bill Pay
Select “Send Money With Zelle®”
Accept Terms and Conditions
Select your U.S. mobile number or email address and deposit account
You can send, request or receive money with Zelle®.
- To start using Zelle® at TrailNorth Federal Credit Union, you must be enrolled in Bill Pay. If you are not already enrolled in Bill Pay, you can enroll by logging in to Online Banking or our mobile banking app. Locate the Bill Pay tab and follow the instructions to complete the Bill Pay enrollment steps. Once enrolled in Bill Pay, you can access “Send Money With Zelle®®” tab in Bill Pay to complete a brief one-time enrollment to tell us which email address or U.S. mobile number and deposit account you would like to use to send and receive money with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you'd like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes if they are already enrolled with Zelle®.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request." If the person you are requesting money from is not yet enrolled with Zelle®, you must use their email address to request money. If the person has enrolled their U.S. mobile number, then you can send the request using their mobile number.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®. If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your account, typically within minutes.
If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your bank account and will be available typically within minutes.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select TrailNorth Federal Credit Union.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification — you should enroll with Zelle®using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union. Call our member support team at 518-585-6725 and ask them to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to TrailNorth Federal Credit Union so you can use it for Zelle®.
Once member support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your TrailNorth Federal Credit Union account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle® through the TrailNorth Federal Credit Union mobile banking app and online banking. Please call TrailNorth Federal Credit Union's member support toll-free at 518-585-6725 for help.
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for TrailNorth Federal Credit Union. When you use Zelle® within our mobile app or online banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter or neighbor.1
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes, 1 Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
If you don't know the person or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle®. These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk).
Neither TrailNorth Federal Credit Union nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle® here.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle® app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number and a Visa®or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
To use Zelle®, the sender and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel and then select "Cancel This Payment."
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you know and trust and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, please immediately call member services at 518-585-6725 so we can help you.
We offer you the flexibility to schedule payments to be sent at a later date if you like, or even set up recurring payments for things like regularly sending money to your college student.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient's account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by TrailNorth Federal Credit Union but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take one to three business days to process. You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
TrailNorth Federal Credit Union does not charge fees to send or receive money with Zelle®, but there is a fee to cancel a Zelle® transaction that is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled. If the recipient doesn't enroll with Zelle® within 14 days, the payment will naturally expire, the funds will be returned to your account, and no fees will be assessed.
Your mobile carrier's messaging and data rates may apply.
The amount of money you can send, as well as the frequency, is set by each participating financial institution. To determine TrailNorth Federal Credit Union send limits, call our member service at 518-585-6725.
There are no limits to the amount of money you can receive with Zelle®. However, remember that the person sending you money will most likely have limits set by their own financial institution on the amount of money they can send you.