MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for assisting members with their mortgage lending needs; analyze loan requests and make credit decisions and recommendations based on lending policy. The Mortgage Loan Officer will also assist as needed with Consumer loans.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Interviews member loan applicants to develop information concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
- Analyzes the current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decision to approve or forward the loan request with a recommendation for approval or disapproval to higher levels for decision.
- Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Explains loan programs to members, evaluates their needs, and recommends loan options.
- Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them with the member.
- Participates in sales development activities.
- Keeps informed of current trends and regulatory changes in mortgage and consumer credit.
- Observe and maintain compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other regulations as applicable to this position.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
- Mortgage and Consumer lending experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of current lending regulations.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This position will be located in our Ticonderoga branch. However, this position will work temporarily out of our Port Henry branch after the completion of a training period until the new Ticonderoga Administration building is complete in 2022. The ability to travel between branches is required in some situations.
- Monday thru Friday
- Rotating Saturdays
- High school or GED (required)
- Six months to two years of similar related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter and/or completed application by July 15, 2021, to:
Mail: Attn: Karen Bennett, Director of Lending
TrailNorth Federal Credit Union
1178 NYS Route 9N
Ticonderoga, NY 12883